Photos courtesy of Molly B. (9) from Photography Club, an extra-curricular group advised by Ms. Weiler.
Aliah, Syrena, and Sam with Mr. O’Connor planning for our semi-formal dance. Student Council members are actively involved in our school. They plan events, advocate for themselves and others, and affect change in our school community.
Selina Gallo-Cruz, Professor of Sociology at the College of the Holy Cross, shares a lesson in leadership and service with students in grade 11. St. Mary’s students are indirect recipients of a Mellon Foundation grant, as we engage in civics-focused curriculum with Holy Cross professors and students.
● Monday, 2/3 – Calendar Raffle tickets due; Drawings begin.
● Wednesday, 2/5 – 1st grade field trip: Mechanics Hall theater production
● Wednesday, 2/5 – 8th grade field trip: Boston Celtics & Hill Harper
● Thursday, 2/6 – Confessions at 10:00 am
● Friday, 2/7 – First Friday Mass at 8:30 am; Our Lady of Czestochowa
● Friday, 2/7; 7:00 – 10:00 pm: Semi-formal dance for grades 7-12
● Friday, 2/7 – Order lunch by midnight (cfawooordering.com)
● Monday, 2/10 – Friday, 2/14: St. Mary’s School Spirit Week
● Tuesday, 2/11 – Antonio’s Restaurant Night Fundraiser (see flyer)
● Wednesday, 2/12 at 6:00 pm – Home and School Association Meeting
● Monday, 2/17 – Friday, 2/21: NO SCHOOL – Winter Break
Permission Slips Needed
Please send in your child’s permission slip if he or she is scheduled to attend either Wednesday field trip. Please check with Ms. Rolfe (grade 1) or Mr. McAnulty (grade 8) for details.
First Friday Mass
Please join us for Mass this Friday at 8:30 am as we worship together at Our Lady of Czestochowa. Thank you to Father Richard and the church for welcoming us in this celebration.
Diocesan Grant and Aid
The Diocesan Grant and Aid Process is now open. To apply, please log in to your FACTS account and select “Start Application.” Gather your materials and follow the prompts.
Parent Plus Portals
As of last week, we initiated the live gradebook system. We hope you are finding this to be a useful tool in your child’s education. Going forward, you will be able to view progress on a weekly basis, as teachers will update information by Friday evening. If you did not receive the link to log in, please contact the main office (508-753-1170 or email@example.com).
Spirit Week at STM
The Student Council is excited to host School Spirit Week at St. Mary’s. Our
celebration will consist of the following:
- 2/10: Monday – Sports Fan Day: represent your favorite team
- 2/11: Tuesday
- 2/12: Wednesday – Color Wars: represent your grade
- PreK & 11 – gray
- Kindergarten & 7 – purple
- Grades 1 & 12- black
- Grade 2 – green
- Grade 3 – yellow
- Grades 4 & 10 – blue
- Grades 5 & staff – red
- Grades 6 & 9 – white
- Grade 8 – orange
- 2/13: Thursday – Superheroes vs. Villains: Be your favorite!
- 2/14: Friday
- Elementary School: 100th day of school & Valentine’s Day (by class)
- Jr./Sr. High: Decades Day/Flashback Friday: come in style
We look forward to celebrating with you!
Semi-formal dance: Hollywood Glamour!
Students in grades 7-12 are invited to join us for our annual semi-formal dance. Tickets are on sale for $7.00 during lunch time. Students may bring one pre-approved guest. Guest forms are available from Mr. O’Connor. All ticket purchases and guest forms must be completed by Wednesday, February 5th.
A note from Chick-fil-a
Hello everyone! I have noticed a lot of new parents… so, welcome. I would highly recommend that you print out orders and give them to your children for the week so they know what they are expecting for lunch. A lot of kids are unsure what was ordered for them, checking with Sue, who then has to reach out to me for an answer. So I would like to avoid having that happen by simple printing or writing down what you ordered so they can be aware of what they are getting! Thank you all! Please remember to add your child’s Name and Grade in the notes section before checkout! Be sure to order by midnight on Fridays.
Basketball Notice—For student-athletes and families
At the conclusion of the school day or upon arrival for a practice/game, student-athletes must remain in the building. Student-athletes are not to leave the school building unless they are being picked up or supervised by school staff to go on the bus for an away game. At dismissal, student-athletes must be picked up, take a bus to go home, or be with a staff member at the homework club or with a coach for a practice/game. Please be diligent to check stats, congratulate teams, check schedules, touch base with coaches, and/or contact Mr. McAnulty (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions.