Dust Bowl era reading: students in grade 6 completed their book clubs. Out of the Dust, Sylvia and Aki, and A Letter to Mrs. Roosevelt were the basis for much reading and writing. They are moving on to their next novel, Esperanza Rising by Pam Muñoz Ryan .
Mr. Prytko, Mr. Smith, Syrena, and Sam at March for Life in Washington D. C. Thanks for taking a stand for life and representing St. Mary’s in Washington. We appreciate your sacrifice!
Recently, during midterms week, Molly took it upon herself to visit with seniors at the Worcester Senior Center. This trip was sparked by a recent visit which was held during her Leadership and Service Learning class. When asked why she went, Molly commented, “I just really wanted to go and spend time with them. It was fun and I want to go again.”
● Wednesday, 1/29 – Texas Roadhouse winners trip @ 11:00am
● Friday, 1/31 – STM FAN FRIDAY: tops only; uniform bottoms required
● Friday, 1/31 – Order lunch by midnight (cfawooordering.com)
● Monday, 2/3 – Calendar Raffle tickets due; Drawings begin.
● Wednesday, 2/5 – 1st grade field trip: Mechanics Hall theater production
● Wednesday, 2/5 – 8th grade field trip: Boston Celtics & Hill Harper
● Thursday, 2/6 – Confessions (AM)
● Friday, 2/7 – First Friday Mass at 8:00 am; Our Lady of Czestochowa
● Friday, 2/7 – Semi-formal dance for grades 7-12
● Monday, 2/10 – Friday, 2/14: St. Mary’s School Spirit Week
● Monday, 2/17 – Friday, 2/21: NO SCHOOL – Winter Break
Fundraiser: February Calendar Raffle
WE NEED YOUR HELP! Calendar raffle information was sent home last week. The materials are attached here for your benefit also. Please sell as
many as you can. Incentives are included in the letter. Thank you for your continued support of St. Mary’s Schools.
Permission Slips Needed
Please send in your child’s permission slip if he or she is scheduled to attend the Texas Roadhouse gift card winner’s trip this Wednesday.
For student-athletes and families:
At the conclusion of the school day or upon arrival for a practice/game, student-athletes must remain in the building. Student-athletes are not to leave the school building unless they are being picked up or supervised by school staff to go on the bus for an away game. At dismissal, student-athletes must be picked up, take a bus to go home, or be with a staff member at homework club or with a coach for a practice/game. Please be diligent to check stats, congratulate teams, check schedules, touch base with coaches, and/or contact Mr. McAnulty (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions.